Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflection

When reflecting back over the content of the course “Bridging Learning Theory, Instruction, and Technology”, I have reaffirmed my personal theory of learning. I continue to believe that using differentiated instruction and a variety of assessments will help meet the needs of all learners and provide them ample opportunities to become well-rounded students. I will try to incorporate more constructionist activities for my students and have them create different artifacts in an effort to help them gain a deeper understanding of the content.

I would like to incorporate the use of VoiceThreads into my courses. I feel this is a new, yet seemingly familiar, technology that the students would enjoy using. With the increased use of social networking sites and programs being used by students today, this technology will likely be well received by the students. Another technology I would like to utilize is the concept mapping tools. These interactive maps help provide structure to various topics and would allow students to organize their ideas in a different manner. Both of these technologies would engage the students while providing them experience with new technologies.

Since my classroom is a computer lab, one long-term goal I have is to have the students use the computer every day in each class. Whether it is for an entire period or just for a few minutes, I want to find a way to increase their use on the computer. In order to reach this goal, it will be easiest to start with small activities and projects and then increase the volume and complexity of their use. A second goal I have is to stay current with educational technologies and use them frequently in my classroom. I would like to implement at least one new technology per semester and then continue to incorporate it throughout the year when possible. In order to reach this goal, I will start by incorporating the technologies I am exposed to from my courses at Walden University. I will then need to research technological trends and find new methods that I can use in my own classrooms. I feel that implementing 1 new technology per semester is an efficient way for me to continue to promote technology within my classroom and expose my students to new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment